Category Archives: Uncategorized

Raspberry Pi Cluster Project @FH Kärnten

First impressions of one of our 5x Raspberry Pi Cluster Node.
Currently we are working on a high effective cooling solution for the node.

Fix slow Typo3 6.2 backend with installed fluidcontent extension

We at CUAS switched last year our main Homepage from Typo3 4.2 -> 6.2.x. After stabilizing our content and going live we noticed a 3-5 second delay on every action taken on the Backend. I’ve enabled caching stuff, switched the caching to memcached and did all things to accelerate Typo3. But the 3-5 second delay keeps.

Yeasterday I decided that a last effort should be made to determine the problem that leads to the delay. I set up PHP profiling on our live system an recorded some backend actions.

According to the profile logs our delay problem happens in the “fluidcontent” extension (4.3.3) which builds up some wizard tab content. In this prozess fluidcontent also checks if some other extensions which are providing templates have some icons setup.

The problem occurs in “/fluidcontent/Classes/Service/ConfigurationService.php”. There is a function “buildWizardTabItem” which is called thousend times generating Icons.

My workaround to this behaviour is to disable “getIconForTemplate” and “createIcon” method call.

Just add a “_” to the method test part.

if (TRUE === method_exists(‘FluidTYPO3\\Flux\\Utility\\MiscellaneousUtility’, ‘getIconForTemplate_’)) {
and
if (TRUE === method_exists(‘FluidTYPO3\\Flux\\Utility\\MiscellaneousUtility’, ‘createIcon_’)) {

This fixes our delay to < 1s 🙂 , the drawback is that you end with standard icons in the corresponding fluid modules.

have a nice day 🙂

Mario

 

Some impressions of our last medical project seminar laboratory 2012

Another year/semester has passed and we took (again) some nice images from our last lab tutorial. 🙂

This photos show our medical project seminar lab tutorial/lecture held by Matthias Haselberger

The aim of the laboratory is to get familiar with the commonly used micro-controller devices used to measure and process biofeedback signals.

have fun 🙂

Mario

Fixing XCode 4.x slow responsiveness / performance

The last months I noticed a very annoying behavior of Xcode 4.2 which results in responding very slowly to user interactions, e.g. editing code, debugging refactoring … mostly all IDE day to day work were affected.

It turns out that the problem is related to the project “workspace ” file. If  you delete em, .. yes you can :-), you get back a more or less speedy XCode.

The Credits for this valuable hint goes to link

have fun

Moodle 2.0 Attendance module fix for use with PostgreSQL

Here you will find a small fix for the attendance module for moodle 2.0. Some queries have problems if the are executed on our PostgreSQL database. So if you get some “group by” errors you could use the following fix. For the module see here
Change query @row 826

SELECT ue.userid, ue.status, ue.timestart, ue.timeend
                      FROM {user_enrolments} ue
                      JOIN {enrol} e ON e.id = ue.enrolid
                     WHERE ue.userid $usql
                           AND e.status = :estatus
                           AND e.courseid = :courseid
                  GROUP BY ue.userid, ue.status, ue.timestart,ue.timeend

and @row 851

SELECT ue.userid, ue.status, ue.timestart, ue.timeend
                  FROM {user_enrolments} ue
                  JOIN {enrol} e ON e.id = ue.enrolid
                 WHERE ue.userid = :uid
                       AND e.status = :estatus
                       AND e.courseid = :courseid
              GROUP BY ue.userid,ue.status, ue.timestart, ue.timeend

have fun

Eclipse 3.6M7 update site not found fix

After installing the new Eclipse 3.6M7 Stream Stable Build I could not connect to any update site nor to another project site.

After some investigation I found out that there must be something wrong with the used IP protocol stack. Eclipse seems to use IP4

So if you start eclipse with

./eclipse -vmargs -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

eclipse should be able to reach your update sites.

A small update to my Post:

I just found out that the real problem is a new  sysctl-setting under /etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf. LOL

Check the net.ipv6.bindv6only item this should be 0 (null).

After changing reset the sys kernel variabels with:

sudo invoke-rc.d procps restart

have fun